The school was inspected by Ofsted in July 2014. We were pleased to be judged ‘Good’ in all areas.
Key findings for parents and pupils included:
- This is a good school.
- Friendly and caring relationships help to ensure that everyone enjoys their experience at this school and achieves well.
- Teaching is good and pupils usually receive interesting activities which enable them to learn effectively. Adults have a clear understanding of each child’s specific needs.
- Behaviour is good and sometimes outstanding. From an early age, almost all children quickly learn what is expected of them. They develop good attitudes to learning because they feel safe and secure.
- Staff and governors have developed strong links between school and home. Parents and carers appreciate the quality of education that is provided for their children. They are overwhelmingly supportive of the work of the school.
- Leadership and management are good. Senior leaders monitor teaching well through observations and looking at pupils’ work. Areas for improvement are clearly identified.
- Clear procedures for all staff and governors enable everyone to be successfully involved in school improvement.
- The headteacher and senior staff track pupils’ progress carefully. Those who need additional support, receive excellent provision, expertly taught by teaching assistants.
- Governors are very well informed and extremely knowledgeable about policies, procedures and practices. Consequently, they are confident to challenge and support the school when necessary. They ensure that the learning environment is safe and secure.