Welcome to Nursery 2020/21
Welcome to our New Nursery Parents
The aim of this page is to provide: • Information about the school • Arrangements for your child starting nursery in light of the Coronavirus. • Clarify our expectations • Curriculum
Due to the Coronavirus the arrangements for your child starting school will be very different from our usual practice as will the way that the learning environment is set up to ensure the safety and well-being of all.
•KPINS has capacity for four forms of entry from Reception to Year 2 (120 pupils per year group).• However from September it will only have 3 classes in each year group and two nursery classes (a.m. & p.m.).
Strong history of parental engagement
• The school has a strong reputation of working closely in partnership with parents/carers to support a child’s learning and development during their time in the infant school and it starts from day one that they join the school.
• Dress code – Your child must wear the school nursery uniform – please ensure your have labelling all items • Attendance & time keeping – needs to be regular and on time (Ofsted quote : “The Headteacher’s unwavering focus on improving attendance rates. Work with the London Borough of Harrow’s Schools Attendance Liaison Officer, acting swiftly to challenge and work with parents when a pupil’s attendance falls below the threshold”. Fines issued! • Nursery session a.m. 8.45 – 11.45 a.m. • Nursery session p.m. 12.45 – 3.45 pm. • Punctuality – being on time also important.
• Parents must call the school office to report their child’s absence and provide evidence e.g. doctors appointment letter, medical appointment letter etc • Parent should not take their child out of school for holidays etc. Exceptional leave requests only granted where evidence supports the request and it is kept to a minimum number of days to avoid disruption to your child’s learning . • Medical appointments – inform us in advance and always provide evidence
The curriculum we will cover
• 7 areas of learning split into • 3 prime areas: • Personal social emotional • Communication & Language • Physical Development • Then 4 specific areas: • Literacy • Mathematics • Understanding the world and • Expressive arts and design.
Actions for Parents
• Complete the pack of registration forms and hand them into the school before your child starts Nursery. • September visit the class teacher before your child’s start date as due to the coronavirus staff will not be conducting home visits this year. Sign up for a meeting (notify the school of any changes in your circumstances prior to your child’s start date) • There is a gradual induction of pupils, they do not all start at the same time or day – oldest first. • The children build up to staying for 3 hours, some children may need more time to settle and this can take longer to achieve with them. • Visit the setting on either the 3rd or 4th September by appointment only and meet the teacher!
Download the Parent App so that you can order your child’s uniform on line ready for collection in September Leaflet in your pack with detail on how to download the App!. All communication will be via parent mail.
See you in September
• I look forward to welcoming you and your child to our school in September. • Due to the coronavirus the school expectation will be regularly reviewed. Read our risk assessment which can be found on the school website. https://kpins.harrow.sch.uk/